Thursday, January 6, 2011

Prose Poem

The morning of July 19th, 2010 the lyrics of "Shoes" a ring tone I set for my family members calls kept playing. I finally came to a realization that I needed to answer the call. I had a feeling there was a point, due to the time being 10:50 in the morning, and me being on vacation.
I clicked answer, and said "hello" with confusion, and tiredness.
The response back was a massive amount of tears from my brother. I knew there had to be something wrong.
Then I remembered two days before ... The morning my plane was scheduled to depart. . My Puppy, Lizzy.
She had been sick for some time now, barely eating, and losing energy as the days went on.
However, the day I left, she managed to eat a little, and gave the impression she was doing a little better but probably from the antibiotics she was forced to take.
This is where I was tricked.
After I left for Cali, I was told she did not come in from being outside. She stopped eating for good, and she was doing worse, she had to be taken to the Vet's the next morning.
As I came back into the call, I managed to hear that, she had to be put down due to the suffering, and she was found with lymph node cancer that spread rapidly to her lungs,
I was angry I wasn't there. Sad I left her all alone to die, upset I didn't get to say bye to her, but most of all I had the worst heartbreak of my life.
I did not know how I was ever going to get over her, she was with me all the time, everywhere I went, and never left my side, so why did I leave? How could I? I was never going to forgive myself for such a thing.
Everyday I would cry, remembering everything I could about her and every time get a feeling as if my heart got hit by a massive force.
July 19th, 2010 was the day I lost the love of my life, and my best friend. I will forever miss and love her. As I peer into the clear skies at times, I sit and take the time to think of her. Knowing wherever she is, there will be someone to take care of her, and that she would not be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment